This is a great time of year for harvesting and drying herbs,
& one of my favorite ways to prepare for the upcoming season!
Some tips I find to be the most helpful...
- Harvest before they flower!
- Late morning cut... Allow the morning dew to dry
- Trim. Gently cut healthy branches from plants, & remove leaves at the bottom.
- Bundle! Usually, 4 to 6 branches seem to be best when tied together.
- Twine... using an organic twine string, carefully tie the bundle.
- Hang upside down in a location that is dry, well ventilated, & preferably away from sunlight.