Friday, August 26, 2011

Mother Nature's Message


Nature Comments & Graphics



I've always loved thunderstorms.  So powerful.  Majestic.  Beautiful.  
Thrilling and comforting at the same time.

So here I sit amidst the forewarning of distant sounds in the skies, simply taken by the peacefulness of the rain, contemplating on Mother Nature's ways... she is indeed beautiful.  She reminds us to slow down, appreciate her, respect her, and to maintain a certain harmonious balance.  She urges us to reflect.  

The substance of the winds is too thin for human eyes, 
their written language is too difficult for human minds, 
and their spoken language mostly too faint for the ears.  
~John Muir

Most likely we will lose power this evening, and I will then realize the challenge of old world style cooking.  This idea actually sort of excites me, and am a bit looking forward to putting my skills to the test.  Improvisation, creativity, fresh ingredients, freshly clipped herbs from the garden, and a flame or two... hmmm, think I'm going to enjoy this!

A lovely meal and candlelight... what an evening it will be 
with rain, wind, & thunder to keep us company.

Her message remains timeless, live in balance with nature, & enjoy the wonder!

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.  
~Author Unknown

Hope & Wishes for everyone's good health & safety ~ please stay well!  

~ Phoebe




3 comments:

  1. I too love thunderstorms - I am amazed by the strength and the power. There's beauty in it too. I hope all goes well with you. I was just looking at Tasha Tudor - the simple life she lived - she'd be a wonderful example.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, looks like I am your first follower - welcome! Looking forward to more visits,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, & thank you, Kathy! Tasha Tudor indeed represents the ideal of how the most simple things may bring such fulfillment... such an inspiration. So happy to have you as my first follower!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...